We have more tools and resources to connect to each other now than ever before. Yet, with this ease of connection comes a price: we unlearn how to spend time with ourselves. Making time to be alone
5 Things To Be Happy About Right Now
- Fall weather weekend!
- I don’t feel like I’m going to puke every 10 min like tuesday
- Well and Good Biathlon! #crazy Barrys + Swerve
- Sherm’s bachelorette in cabo soooooon!!!!!!
- Knowing that everything always gets better
Dude. Etsy you rock.
THAT YOU ONLY GET OVER SOMEONE ONCE THERE IS SOMEONE NEW IN YOUR LIFE. WHYYYYYYYYY
that liking someone and dating could result in paralyzing anxiety.
ahhh I NEED TO REMEMBER THESE POSTS. I have zero paralyzing anxiety right now. #single
Perks of being single
You’re never waiting anxiously for a text message. You never leave yoga class grab your phone only to be disappointed that he didn’t text. When there’s no one texting you there’s no disappointment! WOO… #positivity
We tried SEVENTY-FOUR never-ending drinking deals around the city, took a nap, and then conveniently organized them by ‘hood for you.
Things I want to do better
I always say I try to do my best so if something goes wrong it’s not my fault. I workout almost everyday. I eat decent. I have a great work life balance. I’m very away of my emotions. I try my best to be a loyal friend and supportive sister. But after reading this article Cole sent over about habits we can form that will make us THE BEST I put second thought into how I’m living my life. Here are some things I’ve thought of recently that I’d like to do better at. It takes 21 days to change a habit right? Maybe I’ll try these for 21 days.
- M-F I really want to try and NOT snooze. I've read allll the things. Snoozing isn't beneficial. It's almost bad for you!
- Mindful eating. This is a BIG one for me. I’ve also been talking about it for years. I am currently, unnecessarily, eating popcorn. I’m not hungry. I’m going to Barry’s and then to dinner. For 21 freakin days, I would like to try and truly be mindful about what goes into my mouth. I preach “your body is your home” but I def don’t live it.
- I want to make my mornings awesome. If it’s not going to the gym, I want to be doing something before work. Like reading the millions of articles I have “saved later” or reading a book. Or writing in my journal.
- To the next level and from that one article, I would love to read and write daily. From a real book that is.
- Actually take a crack at mediating. 21 days. Meditate.
- (hah I almost said booze free October but I’m going to la on vacation!!) So maybe no booze for 21 days. Oct 12-Nov 1.
- Take a workshop or a class. Go learn something.
I can’t do these all at once. Maybe I’ll start with no snoozing.
Elena Brower wants to help you heal and be whole. The bulk of her wellness journey began in 1998, when she transitioned from textile and apparel designer to yoga instructor. Since then, she has opened her own studio, co-authored a book, Art of Attention, and deepened her…